Monday, February 1, 2010

Heat Wave Breaks!

Hello again!
Well, this has been a very busy 2 weeks, mostly filled with lesson planning and teaching- the teaching is rather fun, but the lesson planning is horrendous! But now it is done and I am TESOL certified! So now it's job hunting time... the coordinator of the program was not very hopeful in the end- essentially telling us to try other countries if we wanted any real money so that's a bummer. But they took us out for a nice graduation lunch that was all you can eat- but not buffet style- you could just order as many things as you wanted off the menu- pretty gluttonous!
Some very sad news, my ipod was stolen out of my computer bag while at school! I guess I'm just glad it wasn't my computer but I'm definitely missing all my music :(
And during all this, Buenos Aires has been having a record breaking heat wave...some people have even died from it! it's been pretty painful. It said it was about 90 but it was the humidity that was so hard to bear. but at 5am Saturday morning came a crazy thunder storm that woke up the whole city I'm sure... the roads turned into rivers! I wish I'd gotten a picture.
And yesterday my TEFL class got a soccer team together to participate in a Haiti benefit tournament... Wade actually participated on the team, I just went to volunteer and they actually had too many so I sat in the rain and cheered the team on. They didn't win- they played really tough Argentine teams...but we all had a lot of fun!
And yesterday Wade and I checked out the Botanical gardens- pretty but not too impressive. Lots of feral cats that looked really content to be there! After that, my friend Shayla and I walked all over the city trying to find a park w/ a water spigot to have a water balloon fight for my birthday today and apparently water spigots don't exist here! But today it's raining anyway so we're trying to think of something else... maybe bowling? who knows!
We found a decent taco place! still no burritos though :(
and all those pregnant I see now have given birth and now there are newborns everywhere! too cute.
And every Monday night there's a really cool drum circle thing- I think a percussion school puts it on- it's called la Bomba de Tiempo (time bomb) you can search that in youtube if you're interested! of course the live atmosphere is always better though!
Well, Until next time!
Un beso!

1 comment:

  1. I think that "bomba de tiempo" might also be translated "weather balloon"... but I like your translation better!

    ReplyDelete